Hotels >Quality Inn Airport East
Just want to share with you THE WORST hotel experience in my entire 33 years of life. Enjoy!
- Airport pickup: Arrived at SLC airport and gave the hotel a call. Waited 30 minutes and a white van with no hotel log or whatever eventually showed up. Got on the van and after a couple of minutes driving was told by the driver he had to drive around and went back in to the airport to pick up some other guests.
- Check-in: the hotel's website claims a 24-hour airport shuttle but we were told the first shuttle leaves at 5AM at check-in. We have a 6AM flight on American the next morning so registered for the first shuttle out.
- 1st room: we got our room key and went all the way to the back of the building and climbed upstairs (there is no elevator) just to found out the key card wasn't working. Called the front desk, tried everything the lady told us to do and eventually they agreed to give us a new room.
- 2nd room: came down to the front desk for keys to the new room. Went all the way to the back of the building and upstairs and this time the key worked! Opened the door to find strong smell of smoking! Called the front desk stating that our reservation is for a NON-smoking room. The lady claimed it is a non-smoking room but then agreed to move us again.
- 3rd room: came down to the front desk for keys to the new room. Went all the way to the back of the building and climbed upstairs. Didn't smell smoke this time so we settled in and my mom began taking shower. After a while, she realized the bathtub was clogged and waste water wasn’t going anywhere. Called the front desk again and told them we need a new room where the plumbing is working and I am NOT going down again for the new key.
- 4th room: Eventually a housekeeping lady was called in and delivered the key to us for our 4th room. We realized there weren't enough towels in the new room but the housekeeping lady asked us to just grab whatever we need from our 3rd room.
- Next morning: Went down to the lobby at 4:45AM. 5AM no shuttle. 5:05AM no shuttle. 5:10AM no shuttle. Asked the girl at the front desk to check with a taxi company but was told it would take 20 minutes for a taxi to arrive. 5:15AM, the shuttle was finally here. Same white van with no hotel log or whatever. Driver came in, chatted with the front desk girl. We told him our flight is at 6AM and requested him to leave immediately but he was at no hurry. Eventually he finished chatting and we boarded the bus. Driver sat down and began to look through paper works, no sign of leaving. Reminded him about our flight and requested an immediate departure just to be told that we should’ve booked a taxi instead of relying on the hotel shuttle.
Thank god it's early morning Sunday so there were not many people in the security check line so we made it to the gate on time and this is all I want to share.
SLC, UT, QUALITY INN AIRPORT: FILTHY SEWER HOLE..
QUALITY INN AIRPORT SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH.
DON'T STAY HERE ! ! ! ! ! !
RUN AWAY FAST ! ! ! ! !
This Quality Inn Airport is a virtual garbage heap.
Broken glass. Foul odor.
Blood on towels and bed sheets.
Homeless people milling around who live there and panhandle guests for money !
Room was filthy and smelled like rotting garbage.
Van driver was creepy and stared at our kids.
Our kids complained all the time for a better hotel.
The property is run down with a good number of rooms apparently out of order.
Maid service was noisy, intrusive and unsanitary.
Even the TV did not work.
The next room was homeless drunk people going in and out during the nights. And also fighting and slamming doors and smoking at our door.
This is a Salt Lake City hell hole.
Management was out to lunch, never called.
DON'T STAY HERE ! ! ! ! !
For more than 50 years, this hotel's familiar green sign has signaled budget-friendly lodging for families and business travelers..
Since its 1952 debut in Memphis, Tenn., Holiday Inn has become one of the most recognized hotel brands in the world. Kids rule here: Children age 19 and younger stay for free when sharing a parent's room and as many as four children per family (age 12 or younger) eat for free at hotel restaurants. Other amenities include 24-hour business services, an in-room coffeemaker, iron, hair dryer, room service, a swimming pool and a fitness center.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!